Workplace accidents are common, but injured workers are often reluctant to seek compensation because they fear for their job. At Bakers Solicitors we understand the difficulties you might encounter when considering making a claim against your employer. You may feel pressured not to make a claim; you may even fear losing your job.
If you have been injured at work, you should not be concerned because employers are not allowed to terminate an employment contract because of a claim made against the company. Employers are insured for all financial losses. Your claim will therefore be against the liability insurer and not your employer. Our Aldershot-based accidents at work solicitors will provide you with the confidence and support you need to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Workplace Injuries Lawyers Serving Aldershot, Farnborough And Aldershot
There are many different types of accidents that can occur at work. Many people sustain injuries in an office environment where the risk of injury may not be so obvious. Some of the workplace accident cases we handle involve:
- Dangerous machinery
- Inadequate training
- Defective safety equipment
- Disease, deafness and long-term injuries
- Injuries caused by lifting heavy objects
- Work-related upper limb injuries
- Hazards at work
- Defective equipment
Why You Should Claim For An Accident At Work
Remember, compensation aims to put you in the position you would have been in if the accident had not happened. If you have suffered an injury at work and are considering making a claim, think about the following:
- Your employer has a duty to protect you and to make sure the job you carry out is safe.
- Employers are required by law to have adequate accident insurance cover — the cost of your claim will be met by the insurer, not your employer.
- Even apparently minor accidents at work can have a significant impact on your everyday life.
- Compensation will reimburse you for any financial loss, including lost earnings. It will also help you meet the cost of any medical treatment you need for your injury.
- Workplaces must follow strict health and safety regulations. Your case will be much stronger if these rules have not been followed.
- We will aim to rehabilitate you back into the workplace as soon as medically possible so as to limit your financial losses.
- We represent personal injury clients on a no-win, no-fee basis. If you do not recover damages, you will not be charged.
For additional information please visit: How to make a claim when you have had an accident at work
Our specialist personal injury lawyers are available at short notice to discuss your accident. Contact us for a free consultation online or by phone on 01252 744600. We will assess your case and advise you on the steps you should take to start your claim.